Message from the President
Welcome to the South Dakota chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society. Our mission is “dedicated to the advancing the best use of information and management systems for the betterment of health care through knowledge sharing, advocacy, collaboration, innovation, education, and community affiliations…”
My mission over the next year is to do just that. The chapter has set goals for the coming year, which are outlined below. However, I have also set some personal goals as your President.
- First, to get the word out about our organization. I will be reaching out to each of the Organizational Affiliate Representatives to ensure they are promoting membership within their organization. We will also need to develop new affiliate relationships, as well as independent members.
- Second, make your membership meaningful. My hope is that we will have additional opportunities for our members to not only network with our peers, but have additional educational opportunities available, study groups for individuals wishing to become CAHIMS or CPHIMS certified, among other opportunities.
- Third, listen to your feedback. Although the board is a cross section from across South Dakota, as well as the information technology spectrum, we do not have the corner on good ideas. We want to hear from our members about what’s important to you.
- Fourth, simply put, “transparency.” Ensuring actions taken by the board on behalf of your organization are made available to our members.
The board recently met to establish our chapter goals. I have paraphrased the goals below, for detailed descriptions and proposed strategies, please review the SD HIMSS Strategic Plan.
- Continue member distribution to encompass the entire state of South Dakota.
- Increase membership, while maintaining current members.
- Measure member satisfaction.
- Provide a minimum of twelve education programming hours.
- Plan and conduct a minimum of three chapter educational events/meetings.
- Maintain chapter solvency, while increasing the chapter’s bottom line.
- Communicate with and engage our membership, through newsletters, social media, etc.
- Maintain a useful and timely website.
- Strengthen the roles of designated committees, by documenting processes and recruiting fresh input.
I am truly excited about the upcoming year. If you have an reason to reach out to me, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
. I look forward to hearing from you.
Wendy White, SDHIMSS President